Light Steel Framing(LSF) technology has been successfully used in many areas of construction, such as:
- Residential houses
The commercial and industrial sector
- High-rise building, hotels
- Warehouses, hangars
- Manufacturing plants and factories
- Schools, community centers and sports facilities
LSF is used in concrete construction technology LSF as a part of interior design elements, such as:
- Walls and panel in the interior layout
Reconstruction of the Buildings
In the reconstruction of the buildings, LSF technology is mostly used in roofing. LSF roof is the best solution for brick or concrete buildings. LSF roof is lightweight and durable at the same time, it can be assembled directly on the building, or it could be pre-assembled and then installed as a whole piece with a help of a crane.
The extremely low weight of LSF allows it to be the perfect solution for attics of newly constructed or reconstructed houses.
Pros of LSF
As a relatively new trend in construction, LSF technology provides a great opportunity for architects, planners and designers to experiment. Galvanized profile frames allow professionals to create truly amazing space forms. The design and construction of the LSF building will take less time than the design of similar brick, concrete or silicate blocks structure. This technology enables very high accuracy of dimensions: up to 1 mm within each individual element (wall panels, roof, and frame construction overlap) and up to 5 mm in size of the entire building.
Along with the fact that LSF technology gives architects an unimaginable field for creativity, it has quite an impressive list of other equally important benefits. Such as:
- Fast construction. A team of 5-fitters is capable to frame a 1500 sq. ft. home in just one day. Providing the fact that foundation and communications are is in place. This technology allows building up to 6 floors.
- Lightweight building. The use of LSF technology together with thin sections, modern lightweight insulation materials and sheathing allows reducing the load on the foundation twice. It leads to a price reduction in excavation and costs reduction of concrete and rebar. As a result use of lifting equipment is also minimized.
- All-weather construction. Technology LSF uses only “dry” construction methods that allow building frames in hot and mild-cold weather. Providing the fact that concrete foundation and communications are is in place prior to frost; frost level is determined by local building codes.
- The seismic stability of buildings. Fully assembled and mounted on the base LSF frame consists of a single integrated design. Racks and frame connections are interconnected with screws, bolts and nuts. These compounds meet the required degree of freedom, enabling them to withstand severe dynamic effects. Houses built with LSF technology are able to withstand earthquakes at up to magnitude 9 on the Richter scale. That is why this technology has been successfully used in seismically dangerous areas of the world.
- Environmentally friendly. LSF technology does not cause any harm to human health and the environment.
- Long-term use of the building. The use of modern technology and materials increases the lifespan of the structure from 60 to 100 years. Profile frames are made from galvanized steel (the proportion of the zinc coating of 275 g / sq m), which protects the steel from corrosion during the entire period of operation.
- High heat and sound insulation. Thanks to the efficient insulation technology inside of the building offer a comfortable climate. The combination of different materials enables buildings to achieve high resistance to heat transfer coefficient of – 5.5. In addition, new materials contribute to good insulation inside of the house.